Ghost Gunner 1 Spindle and Electronics Upgrade
Yes. We can upgrade your Ghost Gunner 1, however the bay will remain the same and it will perform like a Ghost Gunner 2. The total cost of this upgrade is $550 plus the shipping costs to us and back to you, available here.
- Alignment and maintenance check
- Installation of a new control board
- Improved power supply
- Updated firmware with improved probe sensitivity
- Version 2 spindle, and
- A work bay retrofit to accommodate an AR-308 80% lower receiver
Our expert technicians will repair or replace parts as necessary and test your unit. The purchase will add return shipping to your address, however you'll still need to ship your unit to the factory. A USB drive with the latest software and cutting codes will be shipped along with your upgraded Ghost Gunner.
Our new V2 spindle has a uni-body construction with significantly increased radial rigidity and a heat-treated shaft with precision bearings that makes it 8x more rigid and 10x more accurate than our previous spindle with significantly reduced run-out over time. The more precise V2 spindle is required to run newly released cut codes for the 1911 as well as Glock parts compatible frames (PF940C) from Polymer80. This is a complex installation, so you'll need to send your unit to the factory.
Preparing your Ghost Gunner for Shipping
1. Print a copy of your V2 spindle installation order confirmation and include it in the box with your unit indicating your name, shipping address, contact information, and installation purchase order number. Note any issues you’ve experienced with your unit so we can make the necessary adjustments/repairs.
Note | It is recommended that you ship the Ghost Gunner in its original box. The machine can be packed in a different box as long as care is taken to reasonably secure the machine so that it is unlikely to be damaged in transit. Additional fees may apply if your machine suffers shipping damage due to inadequate packaging.
2. Thoroughly clean your machine using a brush and shop vac to remove all aluminum chip. You will be charged an additional fee for cleaning if excessive chip is present as it presents a health risk to our employees.
Note | DO NOT INCLUDE CLEAR PLASTIC CHIP COVER, cables, tools, bits, collets, collet nut, T-slot nuts, jigs, bolts, etc. Send just the bare machine, we are not responsible for lost accessories.
Caution | NEVER SHIP WORKED LOWER RECEIVERS. It is illegal to ship lower receivers that have been milled even if they are not functional or partially complete.
3. Send your machine to:
2320 Donley Drive Suite C
Austin, TX 78758
4. Email email@example.com with your order number and tracking information to verify your unit for intake.
5. Allow 3-5 weeks to complete the service.