Ghost Gunner Spindle Upgrade
Yes. If your Ghost Gunner 2 was shipped on, or before, February 9th, 2017 you should consider upgrading your unit to our new Version 2 spindle. The benefits are listed below, but you will need the Version 2 spindle to do the M1911 and Polymer 80 pistol frames. Additionally, the engraving feature works best with the new spindle as well.
Consider sending your unit to Defense Distributed to have a version 2 spindle installed in your Ghost Gunner 2 for $390. Our V2 spindle features:
- Unibody construction
- Increased radial rigidity
- Heat treated shaft with precision bearings
- 8x more rigid and
- 10x more accurate
- Reduced run-out over time
The more precise V2 spindle is required to run newly released cut codes for the M1911 as well as the Polymer 80 PF940C. This is a complex installation requiring new spindle mounts so you'll need to send your unit to the factory.
The cost of this upgrade is $390 plus shipping costs.
Service includes alignment and maintenance checks. Our expert technicians will repair or replace parts as necessary and test your unit. Purchase will add return shipping to your address during check out, but you'll need to ship your unit to the factory. Use the following link to place your order and then follow the instructions provided to send your GG2 unit to the factory.
Do not combine other products with your service order. Place a separate order for accessories such as jigs and 80% lowers.
Preparing your Ghost Gunner for Shipping
1. Print a copy of your V2 spindle installation order confirmation and include it in the box with your unit indicating your name, shipping address, contact information, and installation purchase order number. Note any issues you’ve experienced with your unit so we can make the necessary adjustments/repairs.
Note | It is recommended that you ship the Ghost Gunner in its original box. The machine can be packed in a different box as long as care is taken to reasonably secure the machine so that it is unlikely to be damaged in transit. Additional fees may apply if your machine suffers shipping damage due to inadequate packaging.
2. Thoroughly clean your machine using a brush and shop vac to remove all aluminum chip. You will be charged an additional fee for cleaning if excessive chip is present as it presents a health risk to our employees.
Note | DO NOT INCLUDE: CLEAR PLASTIC CHIP COVER, cables, tools, bits, collets, collet nut, T-slot nuts, jigs, bolts, etc. Send just the bare machine. We are not responsible for lost accessories.
Note | NEVER SHIP WORKED LOWER RECEIVERS. It is illegal to ship lower receivers that have been milled even if they are not functional or partially complete.
3. Send your machine to:
2320 Donley Drive Suite C
Austin, TX 78758
4. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and tracking information to verify your unit for intake.
5. Allow 4-6 weeks to complete the installation.
Please sign in to leave a comment.