Setup and Operation
The setup and operation of Ghost Gunner are simple, read the operator's manual and follow the DDcut instructions.
Safety | Above all, make sure to read the user manual for the Ghost Gunner 3 (or whichever model you have) and follow those directions. The operator's manual is available for download on our website, here.
Note | Ghost Gunner 3 weights ~42lbs and Ghost Gunner 2 weights ~52lbs, please lift with caution.
Note | Ghost Gunner 3 is shipped 'faced down' to protect it during transit.
1. With the Operator's Manual in-hand, open the Ghost Gunner packaging, arrow on the side indicates orientation. Remove the included accessories box and set aside for later, carefully proceed to remove Ghost Gunner.
2. Carefully, place your Ghost Gunner on a solid surface clean and free of debris; the included dense foam pad can be used later to dampen vibrations.
3. The accessories box will contain the EC999 cable for powering your Ghost Gunner and the USB cable for connecting to it. Remove the power cable and plug it into the rear of Ghost Gunner insert the opposite end into the appropriate 120V receptacle. Remove the included USB cable and plug into Ghost Gunner, you are now ready to install DDcut V and connect to your Ghost Gunner.
4. Installing DDcut V is simple, connect the included USB thumb drive to your computer and open. Navigate to the "DDcut Installer" folder and select the folder most appropriate to your operating system: "Mac" or "Windows" double-click file to begin the installation.
DDcut V Introduction
DDcut V is Ghost Gunner's open-source software for running/executing ".ddcut" type files. These files package cutting code with step-by-step instructions and images in an easy to navigate program.
Safety | Follow the steps that appear in the DDCut interface. Failure to follow procedures can result in crashing the end mill into your lower, damaging the end mill, spindle, and throwing off the Ghost Gunner's alignment.
Note | You are responsible for the operation and maintenance of the machine. Defense Distributed is not responsible for components damaged due to user error. Read the manual thoroughly and follow the directions in DDCut to the letter.
5. After installing DDcut V in Step 4, open the program to be greeted with the following window:
6. Once you plug in the Ghost Gunner USB cable, DD STATUS will change to CONNECTED. If it does not connect within 30 seconds, you may need to manually install the drivers. Manual Driver Installation for Windows
7. To start a cut press RUN to select a specific operation - platform and/or chaptered step available natively. Follow the displayed instruction set in DDcut V for successful results. If you run into any trouble or have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.